Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Beginning...

If you are reading this, I owe you a big Thank You, since you really have no idea what you are getting yourself into. I wish I could reassure you, but I’m not sure I know what you’re getting yourself into, either. Or more accurately, what I am getting myself into.

I do know that I have decided it is time for me to start writing regularly again, and I need to be accountable to something (or someone, if indeed you are reading this). I recently moved for work from Denver to Austin, TX with my husband (the chef). We don’t know a soul, and though we’re busy with work, I find that not having friends and family around to invite over for dinner, I have a lot more free time. Free time that I vow to spend writing.

But what, you ask, will I be writing about? A legitimate question. When I was a little girl I wanted to be a writer when I grew up, and imagined myself writing wonderful, best-selling novels. Unfortunately, I have never had a story or character grab me long enough to stick to it. What does grab me, enough to write about it and share it with you, is food. So simple, such an ordinary, predictable part of one’s day, and yet I get Goosebumps thinking of what I’ll eat at my next meal. I daydream about new recipes, and I look forward to my food magazines arriving in the mail so I can daydream about trying those recipes, too.

Although I don’t truly know what shape this blog will take, I can tell you that it will revolve around food. So I invite you to come back often, and I promise I will try to post interesting, relevant items, and lots and lots of recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment